Steve Vandenberg is a 2001 graduate of Great Lakes Academy of Professional Pet Styling. He studied under Jeanne Mulcahy, published author and a leading professional in the field having won numerous awards and accolades. Steve uses tip money to keep up on the latest techniques and product.
Steve takes the time to work with each pet to make the grooming experience a positive one for both pet and groomer. His calm yet assertive manner is one that pets respond well to. Steve plays with each pet after their groom to add an element of fun to the experience and further strengthen the rapport he establishes with them.
Equipped to handle all size pets in a safe and sanitary shop, Country Clipper offers a calming environment with a separate grooming area. This helps to alleviate some of the stress associated with grooming. Other pets and people can be a distraction and a source of stress as well as over stimulation for the pet, often causing a dangerous situation for both pet and groomer. The Country Clipper grooming room is bright, cheery and always has music playing – the perfect spa experience.
Top 10 Reasons Why It Costs More To Get Your Pet Groomed Than Your Own Hair Cut:
And the #1 answer is...
Because your pet will inevitably get skunked at the most inopportune times when the Country Clipper is not available, here are some items to keep on hand:
SOME AUTUMN PET OWNER TIPS FROM THE ASPCA * Rats & mice begin to seek shelter from the cold. Rodenticides are highly toxic to pets if ingested. If you must use these products, please do so with extreme caution and put them in places inaccessible to your pets. * When changing your car's engine coolant clean up spills completely. Ethylene glycol-based coolants are highly toxic. Consider propylene glycol-based coolants, they are much less toxic than other engine coolants. *Back to school means glue sticks, pencils and magic markers. These items are considered low toxicity to pets, but can cause gastrointestinal upset and blockages if ingested. * Fall and spring are mushroom seasons. While 99% of mushrooms have little or no toxicity, the 1% that are highly toxic can cause life-threatening problems in pets. These are difficult to distinguish from non toxic. It's best to prevent pets from ingesting all mushrooms. Keep them away from areas where any mushrooms are growing. * Watch Out for Wildlife Snakes are preparing for hibernation, increasing the possibility of bites. Keep pets away from places where snakes are most likely to be found. Lots of animals are preparing for winter, gathering food & are out in the open & visible. Keep your domestic pets close, in fenced yards or on a tether. This will keep them from chasing the wild life and finding themselves in danger. *Here's a helpful resource to keep handy. ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435